OER Logo 2012 J. Mello, used under a Creative Commons license CC-BY
The winners of the grants are:
- Robert Anemone , Professor and Department Head, Anthropology
- Heather Helms, Associate Professor, Human Development and Family Studies
- Channelle D. James, Lecturer, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality and Tourism
- Liz McNamara, Lecturer, Political Science
- Carrie A. Wachter Morris, Associate Professor, Counseling and Educational Development
- Nancy Myers and Brenta Blevins, College Writing Program Director and Asst. Director, English
- Terence A Nile, Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Elizabeth Perrill, Associate Professor, Art
- Jennifer Reich, Associate Director/Lecturer, College of Arts and Sciences Advising/Art
- Kelly L Wester, Associate Professor, Counseling and Educational Development.
The faculty used their time this summer to research and create resources that their students could use in class without having to purchase an expensive textbook. Grant recipient Jennifer Reich says, “The resources I found are much better than the textbooks and the students can do more with them.”
At the end of the fall semester the University Libraries and the grant winners will assess the effectiveness of this initiative in their classes.